Let’s make sure this is a fun day for all.
Children under 9 years of age must be accompanied on the route by a paying adult.
Wear an approved cycle helmet to protect your lid.
Keep both hands on your handle bars to avoid the wobbles and shakes.
Stay left while on the Kapiti Cycle Trails.
Sound a bell or call out to alert pedestrians before you pass them.
Be a tidy Kiwi and take your litter with you or place it in a rubbish bin.
Be considerate of other cyclists, pedestrians and vehicles at all times as all roads will remain open to traffic.
Please do not ride more than two abreast – no one likes a road hog!
Don’t cross the white line and be sure to obey traffic laws at all times.
There will be Coaster Marshals located along the routes in the brightly coloured
By purchasing tickets I/we:
- acknowledge, waiver and release from liability the sponsors, organisers and all other persons involved in the conduct of the event from all liability for injury or claims of whatever nature and however caused (including by negligence) relating to your participation in this event.
- also release and discharge all above persons from all actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, and penalties however arising (including negligence).
- participate in this event entirely at my/our own risk and can safely complete this event.
- will abide by the organisers rules and decisions as final.
- any information supplied or images taken may be used by the organisers for reasonable promotional purposes.
- I/we agree that the organisers may collect information for event administration purposes.
- understand that the rides will include cycling on public roads and cycle trails used by other people and traffic, and are aware of the hazards involved. The hazards include but are not limited to vehicle traffic, actions of competitors, spectators, event,personnel, weather conditions and my physical and mental state of health. In my judgement I/we have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely.
- agree to receive information from the organisers of this event via mail or e-mail.